Monday, October 20, 2008

Run Like Hell

Tyler and I got up very early on Sunday morning to head downtown and walk 6.2 miles in the Run Like Hell event. I was very optimistic and thought the morning would be problem free. It started off well. Tyler woke up two hours earlier than normal, ate his breakfast, got in his costume and was loaded in the car. He enjoyed his ride on the max and walked around showing off his costume to anyone that would look at him once we got to pioneer courthouse square. The walk started and that is where the fun began. Tyler proceeded to scream almost the entire 6.2 miles. He finally cried himself to sleep around mile 5.5. I was stressed and happy to be done once we crossed the finish line. I may think twice about doing this with him again.
Here we are before the race. Hard to believe things turned out so bad!

Didn't he look SO adorable in his costume though. There was a costume contest after the race that I was hoping he woud win. We left as soon as we could though. No costume contest.

Tyler and his good friend Alex. Tyler like to wrestle with Alex, but Alex is not a big fan. It makes him cry. I am open to suggestions on how to get Tyler to stop wrestling Alex.

3 comments:

Melissa and the boys said...

Tyler's costume is adorable! You can drop off Tyler to wrestle with Parker. We can just toss them out back onto the barkchips...

Saleana said...

I love Tyler's costume, he is so cute! I love those ears!
I wish I had some advice on the wrestling subject but as you can see my boys do this all the time. I think it's a brother thing.

Heather, Alex and Allison said...

I am hoping Alex will start wrestling with Tyler instead of crying. Alex crys about a lot of insignificant stuff and he's starting to get less touchy so I think he'll grow out of it. There's no hope that he'll have a big growth spurt and catch up to Tyler in size!