Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy Belated Easter

Blogging has not been my strong suit these days. Although I have been busy sewing and will post some of my finished projects soon. We had a great Easter and some pictures to prove it.

On Friday we dyed eggs. I was nervous to let Tyler help, but need to learn he is more capable sometimes than I give him credit for. I was afraid he would break something. Would the world really end if he messed up a few Easter eggs?
Saturday morning we took him to an Easter Egg Hunt at one of the local community centers. He had a good time, got a bunch of chocolate and even won one of their special prizes. We all got muddy and will learn to wear rain boots next year. I think this will be our annual Easter Egg Hunt tradition for years to come.
I desperately wanted him to do this alone and didn't want to be one of those parents out helping him find stuff, but he just stood there staring at the ground and the other kids. I had to join him on the field and help give him ideas where to look. Parents were strictly prohibited from picking up anything which I loved. Ask me about our Hunt last year and all those greedy parents stealing things from Tyler.

Easter morning. Tyler got lots of great things in his Easter basket. A magnifying glass, a bubble wand that blows an astonishing 500 bubbles per minute, some more Schleich animals to add to his collection and some animal crackers. All a very big hit.


No comments: