Our master bedroom has been needing new carpet since we moved in almost six years ago. We talk about it every spring and that is as far as we ever got. This spring, we finally decided to do something about it. We also knew about some squeaky, loose floor boards near the foot of our bed that Morgan was waiting to fix until the carpet was ready to come out.
We do our thing... look at carpet samples, pick our favorite, have the room measured, order the carpet, pay for everything, schedule the install appointment and then finally pull up the carpet to see what the loose floor board damage is. And what do we find??? Gorgeous hardwood floors!!! Don't mind the huge chunk of flooring that has been removed and replaced (it can be fixed) or all the dust and dirt on the floor (the carpet was just pulled up).
My heart immediately sinks because everything has been ordered, paid for and planned. I have dreamt of the day that we would have real hardwood floors in our old farmhouse instead of the fake wood laminate floors we have covering the downstairs of our house. I tried to talk Morgan into keeping the wood floors, but he is pretty set on our fancy new carpet. I'm bummed. Really bummed. Maybe in a handful of years I will get my way and we will rip out our new investment and fix up the gorgeous wood floors. For now... new carpet.
We do our thing... look at carpet samples, pick our favorite, have the room measured, order the carpet, pay for everything, schedule the install appointment and then finally pull up the carpet to see what the loose floor board damage is. And what do we find??? Gorgeous hardwood floors!!! Don't mind the huge chunk of flooring that has been removed and replaced (it can be fixed) or all the dust and dirt on the floor (the carpet was just pulled up).
My heart immediately sinks because everything has been ordered, paid for and planned. I have dreamt of the day that we would have real hardwood floors in our old farmhouse instead of the fake wood laminate floors we have covering the downstairs of our house. I tried to talk Morgan into keeping the wood floors, but he is pretty set on our fancy new carpet. I'm bummed. Really bummed. Maybe in a handful of years I will get my way and we will rip out our new investment and fix up the gorgeous wood floors. For now... new carpet.
No comments:
Post a Comment