Monday, March 15, 2010

Olympics Day Three

Our last day in Canada started very early. We had to make our way down to catch a bus for a three hour ride to Whistler Mountain to watch the Men's Super G. There was a great crowd that made the event that much more exciting to be at. We apparently did not know what the Super G was going into it. We were surprised when we got there and found out we only got to see about one fifth of the course. Conditions were warm and there were many delays due to injuries on the course. This made it nearly impossible for almost half of the skiers to even have a chance at medaling. A little sad if you ask me. I would have been bummed if I were skier number 20 (of 64). Because of delays anyone after skier 16 had no chance.
I got one skier's entire run (that we could see at least). Not sure who it is though.




The medal winners. After each event they did a flower ceremony and saved the actual medal ceremony for the evening event.
Our view walking to catch our bus back to Vancouver.
We got to attend one of the medal victory ceremonies. The great part was that the medal winners that night were both the events that we had gone to on day two and three. We had crappy seats though. The event started with a presentation by one of the hosting territories, followed by the medal ceremony and a concert. I forget the name of the band, but it was no my kind of music. Morgan was gracious enough to ask if I wanted to leave. I did.
Women's Half Pipe winners. Australia won gold and the USA won silver and bronze.
Men's Super G winners. Norway won gold and the USA won silver and bronze.



No comments: