Morgan had to work on the 4th of July, so Tyler and I planned a day full of fun together.
We started by hopping on the Max. I must add that seeing the Max is the highlight of Tyler's day. We see the Max at least once a day because we have a transit center near our house that is on our way to just about everything. Tyler was thrilled when I told him we would be riding the Max that day.

He looks a bit frightened, but I promise he is enjoying himself.

We took the Max into Hillsboro for a 4th of July parade. What did Tyler really want to see in this parade... goats! I told him we would watch for them, but probably would not get to see any.

He also really wanted to see horses, but when they got to us he was scared. Seeing them go all over the road made him nervous. The poor woman in the picture also made a new friend that day (maybe a little against her will). Tyler grabbed onto the closest person when he got scared.

The BEST entry in the Parade. An enormous shopping cart from Hank's Thriftway. We also saw it driving down the road after the parade. Quite a site to see.

I think the biggest draw for the parade is the candy for the kids. Each "float" that came by was tossing handfuls of candy in the street. All the kids would run and Tyler just watched in amazement. After a while parents around us started offering me candy since Tyler wasn't getting any. I politely declined every offer. As we were leaving though, this lonely blue sucker landed at our feet. Tyler stared at it for a good minute. I asked if he wanted to pick it up and he did, reluctantly. He was afraid to put it in his mouth at first, being this was his very first sucker he didn't know what to do with it. After a few licks he knew just what he was doing!! Mmmmmm sugar.

He had blue drool everywhere. Down his arms, covering his chin, out the sides of his mouth and all over his shirt. I thought he might eat the stick.
1 comment:
cute pics. tyler is looking like such a big boy these days. must be the hair :)
Post a Comment