Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Yay For Snow!

All it takes is a little bit of snow to turn a bad day into a great one. Tyler and I both took a nap this afternoon and this is what we woke up to. SNOW! The great part is we have been talking about it hopefully snowing at home this winter for days. We got our wish.

It took me almost an hour to get Tyler to want to go in the snow. He really just wanted to watch it from the windows inside. We spent the day yesterday at Mt Hood playing in the snow (pictures to come maybe tomorrow) and I think Tyler had his fill of snow and cold. When I did finally get him outside it was all I could do to get him to go for a walk with me. Halfway back home he said he was cold and wanted to go inside.
Then as we approached the house I suggested we make a snowman. That kept us busy for quite a while. The snowman then lead to throwing some snowballs at each other and at the car. An hour later, we were ready to head inside for some hot cocoa. Here is our work of art.
Tyler and his (our) masterpiece. When we first headed out around 4:00, we had an inch and a half of snow. When we headed in around 5:00 we already had just over three inches. It did finally stop snowing around 8:00 tonight. Tyler and I are both hoping we will wake up to the white stuff in the morning.

No comments: