Saturday, August 15, 2009

What a Chore

Tyler's least favorite thing to do is brush his teeth. It is a huge battle every time. I got what I thought was a great idea. I made a giant toothbrush for the wall outside his bathroom. Each time he brushes his teeth he gets to pick a sticker to put on it.
Day One

Just over a week later we are making progress. It started as me having to hold him down to brush but now he is more than happy to do it. Last night all I had to say was "It's time to brush your teeth" and he opened right up. He asks for a sticker every time he walks past his toothbrush. Progress!!! What a relief.
He likes the construction men to ride in their construction vehicles. He wanted me to put them inside but I talked him into letting them ride in the dirt. Now he talks about the men in the dirt.

3 comments:

Saleana said...

Good Boy, Tyler! I'll keep my eye out for construction stickers for you.

Marcy said...

I'm impressed. This idea is straight out of Nanny 911 or whatever that show is.

Anonymous said...

Smart mama! I wonder if this will work for potty training. Could you make me a huge potty I can put on the wall?